We are looking for support by a Junior Researcher (all genders welcome) in the Institute of Creative\Media/Technologies where we conduct interdisciplinary research on human-centered interactive technologies and time-based media.
- You research in innovative applied and basic research projects on machine/deep learning, multimodal data analysis, computer vision, pattern recognition in interdisciplinary problem settings.
- You develop methods for supervised, unsupervised, semi-supervised and interactive classification and prediction from different data types including text, image, video, time series and medical data
- You support the writing of scientific publications, presentations and scientific research project proposals
- You have the opportunity to write a dissertation/PhD and provide the opportunity to support teaching
- University degree (Master level) in Computer Science (or comparable technical study)
- Comprehensive knowledge on the foundations of data science, machine learning, pattern recognition and statistics
- Advanced skills in Python (including Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit Learn etc.) and Matlab
- Hands-on experience in deep learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow/Keras, PyTorch
- Excellent English skills, willingness to learn/improve on German language (for non-natives)
- Self-contained and independent working style, interest in interdisciplinary topics and curiosity for new developments
- Exciting and challenging interdisciplinary research projects on machine learning & AI, find more information here!
- Unlimited contract (40 hours/week) in an innovative, open-minded and internationally-oriented environment
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home, 30 minutes distance from Vienna, no "all-in" contract
- Comprehensive program for further education and possibility to shape your own research agenda
- Opportunity for professional and personal growth in an ambitious and achievement-oriented environment
- Total gross salary of at least 37,100 EUR on a 40 hour/week basis
- We are interested in increasing the proportion of women, especially in management positions, in the scientific or technical field, and therefore invite qualified women explicitly for application.
- We explicitly encourage people with disabilities to apply.