The position is vacant in the Institute of Creative Media Technologies.
- Support and lead research in innovative research projects on computer vision, pattern recognition and machine/deep learning (e.g. image classification and segmentation, 3D surface classification, document analysis)
- Development of methods for pattern analysis, prediction and classification with a focus on deep learning
- Writing of scientific publications and presentations; Support the writing of scientific research project proposals
- Take responsibility for research projects and realize your own project ideas
- Opportunity to support teaching
- Finished (or soon to be completed) PhD in Computer Science or any comparable technical study
- OR substantial work experience in machine learning, scientific computing or a related field and PhD ambitions.
- Substantial knowledge in machine learning, computer vision, pattern recognition and statistics
- Profound knowledge of Python, and ideally GPU-based development
- Long-time experience in deep learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, Torch is an advantage
- Knowledge in Java and/or C/C++ and Linux is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (ability to write scientific texts in English)
- Willingness to learn or improve the German language (for non-natives)
- Experience in performing independent research on own responsibility and publishing scientific work
- Exciting and challenging projects, find more information here
- Perform and publish challenging research and actively shape the research landscape at our research institute
- Long-term employment (40 hours/week) in an innovative, open-minded and internationally-oriented environment
- Very flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- Support for international staff members in matters of housing, administrative procedures, etc.
- Opportunity for professional and personal growth in an ambitious and achievement-oriented working environment
- Total gross salary of at least 47,600 EUR on a 40 hour/week basis