This position is vacant in the research group Media Computing.
- Support and lead research in innovative research projects on computer vision, pattern recognition and machine learning (e.g. in image classification and segmentation, 3D surface classification)
- Development of methods for pattern analysis and classification with a focus on deep learning
- Writing of scientific publications and presentations
- Support the writing of scientific research project proposals and assist in project acquisition
- Take responsibility for research projects (e.g. as work package coordinator or project lead)
- Opportunity to support teaching
- Finished (or soon to be completed) PhD in Computer Science or any comparable technical study
- Substantial knowledge in machine learning, computer vision, pattern recognition and statistics
- Excellent knowledge of Matlab, Python, and GPU-based development
- Long-time experience in deep learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, Torch is an advantage
- Knowledge in Java and/or C/C++ and Linux (is an advantage)
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (ability to write scientific texts in English)
- Willingness to learn or improve the German language (for non-natives)
- Organized, motivated and the ability to work as an autonomous and flexible researcher in an interdisciplinary team
- Enthusiasm for research and constant curiosity for new developments
- Experience in performing independent research on own responsibility and publishing scientific work
You can expect a long-term employment in the dynamic environment of an ambitious and achievement-oriented University of Applied Sciences. We offer attractive career opportunities and work conditions (e.g. home office, flexible working hours, office close to Vienna). Support in pursuing a PhD and working in a team of highly motivated and experienced experts. The opportunity to shape novel solutions and innovations with your knowledge and exciting tasks and steep learning curves on basic and applied research, support for further training .
The minimum gross salary for this position is € 47,600 per year based on 40h/week. Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible. We attach great importance to diversity and equal opportunities. Women are explicitly encouraged to apply. This position is suitable for qualified persons with disabilities.
Application Deadline: 01.07.2018
You may apply online (application form in German) or send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org