We are looking for support by a Researcher (all genders welcome) in the Institute of Creative\Media/Technologies where we conduct interdisciplinary research on human-centered interactive technologies and time-based media.
- You support and lead research in innovative research projects on machine/deep learning, multimodal data analysis, computer vision, pattern recognition in interdisciplinary problem settings
- You develop methods for supervised, unsupervised, semi-supervised and interactive classification and prediction from different data types including text, image, video, time series and medical data
- You publish scientific papers independently and hold scientific presentations
- You support the writing of research project proposals, take responsibility for projects and realize your own project ideas
- You have the opportunity to support teaching
- Finished (or soon to be completed) PhD in Computer Science or any comparable technical study
- Alternatively, substantial work experience in machine learning/data science or a related field and PhD ambitions
- Excellent knowledge on the foundations of data science, machine learning, pattern recognition and statistics
- Profound knowledge in Python/Matlab, Deep Learning Libraries, ideally GPU programming and knowledge in C/C++
- Experience in writing scientific publications and project acquisition (e.g. FWF, FFG, DFG, EU Horizon 2020)
- Excellent English skills, willingness to learn/improve on German language (for non-natives)
- Exciting and challenging interdisciplinary research projects on machine learning & AI, find more information here!
- Unlimited contract (40 hours/week) in an innovative, open-minded and internationally-oriented environment
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home, 30 minutes distance from Vienna, no "all-in" contract
- Comprehensive program for further education and possibility to shape your own research agenda
- Opportunity for professional and personal growth in an ambitious and achievement-oriented environment
- Total gross salary of at least 46,900 EUR on a 40 hour/week basis
- We are interested in increasing the proportion of women, especially in management positions, in the scientific or technical field, and therefore invite qualified women explicitly for application.
- We explicitly encourage people with disabilities to apply.