On 29 September 2023, it's once again time for “Life is Science” at the European Researchers’ Night.
The participatory event for all age groups is jointly organised by the St. Pölten UAS and acib GmbH, just like last year. In 2022, the main programme took place at the St. Pölten UAS, and this year it will be held in Graz.
Scientists from the St. Pölten UAS and other research institutions will provide insights into their work. In addition, students can experience research first-hand through workshops at the St. Pölten UAS.
Programme in Graz
At the Joanneumsviertel Graz, visitors can explore an exhibition area with many interactive stations, including the following stations/topics:
- a virtual fitness centre
- Augmented Reality in the industry
- recycling economy and sustainability
- data analysis using eyes and ears
- the European higher education network E3UDRES2
Additionally, there will be lectures and other contributions to the programme by researchers on topics such as:
- “Artificial Intelligence” by Marlies Temper, Academic Director of the study programme Data Science at the St. Pölten UAS
- “Pop-up Planetarium” by astronomer Ruth Grützbauch
- "From prude to Fidgety Philip: an interactive journey through the child's psyche" by Lisa Pongratz, clinical psychologist, Graz Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
In the evening, a Science Slam will take place, moderated by Bernhard Weingartner. Researchers will present their work in an entertaining way on stage.
Workshops for schools at St. Pölten UAS and other locations
As part of the European Researchers' Night workshops on current research topics will be offered for school classes. Topics will include making data tangible, avoiding food waste, and dealing with fitness trends in social media for teenagers. Several exciting school workshops will take place at St. Pölten UAS, others in Graz, Krems, and Tulln.
Additional flexible school offerings can be booked throughout the winter semester as part of our programme “Researchers@School”. Admission is free of charge.