Higher Education Development
The St. Pölten UAS service Higher Education Development is a service-oriented team that supports high-quality development and advancement of the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences in all areas of performance according to its strategic goals.
In close coordination with the respective management teams and organisational units of the St. Pölten UAS, the Higher Education Development service
- carries out ongoing observation and analysis of current developments in the context of national and international higher education
- develops proposals as well as recommendations and supports the implementation of innovative solutions
- evaluates the achievement of the set development goals
The service focuses on advising and supporting the development and advancement of the study programme in addition to the management and supervision of strategy implementation projects.
Besides offering individual support, Higher Education Development is responsible for the implementation of statutory requirements for quality assurance and the further development of the quality management system. The combination of external evaluations (audits and rankings) and internal indicator-based goal and performance agreements, the St. Pölten UAS process landscape and a comprehensive evaluation cycle form the Quality Management core.
In its work, the service is guided by international and national guidelines and recommendations in higher education, in particular:
- University of Applied Sciences Studies Act
- Act on Quality Assurance in Higher Education (HS-QSG)
- European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA)
- European Higher Education Area