Continuing Education Course
Thanks to the involvement of the leading German, Austrian and Swiss rail corporations (DB, ÖBB and SBB), the tri-national profile of this master-level course is geared towards the key requirements of rail companies and authorities.
This part-time course is designed to meet the needs of students in full-time employment. It consists of class teaching and self-study phases (blended learning concept), and also takes into account the work experience gained by students during the four semesters of the course.
The programme provides a more comprehensive understanding of rail systems for students with a background in railway engineering. The various modules look at the current situation in Austria, Germany and Switzerland, while also taking a broader international perspective.
- Graduates from one of the participating universities (University of Applied Sciences Erfurt, St Pölten University of Applied Sciences and Zurich University of Applied Sciences’ [ZHAW] School of Engineering)
- Employees of traffic engineering organisations
- Graduates of other universities with degrees in related subjects and practical experience in the rail sector
This international course is offered by the University of Applied Sciences Erfurt (DE), St Pölten University of Applied Sciences and Zurich University of Applied Sciences (Winterthur, CH).
- An officially recognised and certified bachelor degree or academic qualification related to railway or transport infrastructure (or similar higher education courses)
- At least two years of relevant professional experience