The tri-national profile (GER-A-CH) of the continuing education master course is based on the main requirements of railway corporations and authorities by involving the three leading national railway corporations (DB, ÖBB, SBB).
The master course is designed as a part-time programme for people in employment. It consists of a combination of in-class and self-study phases (Blended Learning Concept). The continuing education master course also takes into account the additionally acquired work experience of the participants during the 4 semesters.
The programme offers students with a background in railway engineering a more comprehensive understanding of railway systems. The courses are based on the respective situation in Austria, Germany and Switzerland while integrating a larger international perspective.
- Graduates of one of the participating universities (Erfurt UAS, St. Pölten UAS and Zürcher School of Engineering Winterthur)
- interested employees in the field of traffic engineering
- Graduates of other universities in relevant disciplines and practical experience in the railway sector
This international master program is offered by the Erfurt UAS (GER), the St. Pölten UAS and the Züricher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften (Winterthur, CH).
- A Bachelor degree or an academic certificate, recognised and certified by public authorities, in the field of railway or transport infrastructure (or of comparable university courses)
as well as
- A minimum of 2 years of qualified job-related experience