In Austria, because social policy entitlements can as a rule only be redeemed through submitted applications and this is often not performed by clients, many of the social rights claims which clients are actually entitled to, are in practice not redeemed. This high “non-take-up-rate” of legal social benefits in Austria is a significant factor in social inequality. Active social law information is therefore a measure of social distribution policy; distribution of knowledge leads the way for the distribution of services and resources. This seminar will enable social workers to update their knowledge about possible entitlement claims, and they will therefore be able to pass them on more effectively.
- Need and demand
- Building of the social system (insurance - care - welfare)
- Insurance services under federal law (national insurance and unemployment benefits)
- Care (care security, victim compensation laws) and welfare (compensatory allowance, emergency assistance)
- Statutory and voluntary services, official ruling and the labour- and social welfare court
- Practising these relationships and patterns of action, using the example of somewhat complex cases