This page is updated continuously.
In close coordination with the authorities, the St. Pölten UAS is taking the following steps in order to ensure the safety of students and staff.
The UAS building in Matthias Corvinus-Straße as well as all other UAS locations are no longer accessible for students and non-university persons until 31/07/2020. The only exception are short stays in the transition area (see below).
Attention: If you have to visit the UAS buildings you have to act accordingly to the rules of conduct an hygiene measures.
On-Site Teaching Suspended
- All classes with physical attendance (on-site teaching) at all locations of the UAS are suspended until further notice.
- We are preparing to switch to remote teaching and digital teaching formats wherever possible. Further details will be determined in coordination with the Academic Directors in the next couple of days.
- Excursions are also cancelled. This rule applies until the regular teaching operations can be resumed.
Application (Procedures) Still Possible
- The application procedure for study and further training programmes of the St. Pölten UAS remains unaffected. Interested persons can still apply using our online application tool.
- Details, e.g. regarding the application interviews planned for the next few weeks, will be communicated by email.
Services for Students On-Site
We are glad to offer a number of services for students in amended form starting until 31/07/2020. These relate to:
- Rental service
- Copy and print service
- Locker rooms
- Return Park cards
For details regarding the concrete use of these services, please refer to the this information sheet:
Download Information Sheet
The services can be used only in compliance with the general hygiene guidelines. This means the following standards in particular:
- Keep the proper distance (min.1 metre)
- Disinfect your hands (dispensers are available in the transition area)
- If you can't keep the proper distance, please wear a mask covering your nose and mouth when you enter the transition area in order to protect other persons present (please bring your own mask)
- Keep your stay as short as possible
IMPORTANT: We explicitly point out that students may enter only this separate area in the small assembly hall of the UAS building.
The summer semester 2020 is continued via distance learning at the St. Pölten UAS. In certain individual cases, however, written exams, board exams, final exams and lab exercises will take place on site once again. The concerned students will be informed by their respective study programme administration.
Submission deadlines on the eCampus are not affected by these changes. In case the exam format is changed (e.g. from written exam to submitted paper), you can find the according information directly in the course on the eCampus.
Sports Classes Cancelled
Sports courses (Campus Sport) have been cancelled until the regular on-site teaching operations are resumed.
Further Information on Dealing with the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
The health of all staff members and students is our top priority. The St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences is preparing for different scenarios and has already adopted the following measures:
- As an extended hygiene measure, mobile disinfection dispenders have been made available in the lavatories in addition to the already existing fixed ones.
- Our company physician has issued an information sheet containing tips on how to avoid an infection.
- Experts from the Department of Health Sciences at the St. Pölten UAS held an event to inform staff and students on the topic.
Due to the infections with the SARS-CoV-2 virus that can currently be observed worldwide, also in Austria, we request you to observe the following measures:
- Avoid your workplace if you suffer from symptoms such as fever or coughing, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties – especially if you have returned from a risk area and display these symptoms.
- If you notice the above-mentioned symptoms, stay at home and contact the health service hotline under the number 1450.
- Please pay attention to the current travel warnings of the Foreign Ministry:
Detailed information on the disease COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is available on the website of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety (AGES):