This page is updated continuously.
In close coordination with the authorities, the St. Pölten UAS is taking the following steps in order to ensure the safety of students and staff.
The first case of corona infection was reported on March 17 2020. The affected group of people was informed immediately.
Attendance in UAS Buildings Not Permitted
The UAS building in Matthias Corvinus-Straße as well as all other UAS locations are no longer accessible for students and non-university persons starting from 13/03/2020.
On-Site Teaching Suspended
- All classes with physical attendance (on-site teaching) at all locations of the UAS are suspended as of today (Wednesday, 11 March 2020) until further notice.
- We are preparing to switch to remote teaching and digital teaching formats wherever possible. Further details will be determined in coordination with the Academic Directors in the next couple of days.
- Excursions are also cancelled. This rule applies until the regular teaching operations can be resumed.
- Examinations on site are also suspended for the time being. We will inform you on alternative dates as soon as possible.
Submission deadlines on the eCampus are not affected and remain unchanged.
Individual examinations and board examinations may be carried out via Skype. The decision is made by the respective Academic Directors and you will be informed thereof.
- If the examination format is changed (e.g. from exam to submission), you will find the relevant information on the eCampus in the respective course.
open.day alternative offer on April 1st and 2nd, 2020
Application (Procedures) Still Possible
- The application procedure for study and further training programmes of the St. Pölten UAS remains unaffected. Interested persons can still apply using our online application tool.
- Details regarding the application interviews planned for the next few weeks will follow shortly.
Library, Rental, Canteen and Campus Radio
These services are not available for now.
Events Cancelled until 13 April
- All planned events of the St. Pölten UAS until 13 April have been cancelled. We are making an effort to find alternative dates. Virtual formats such as the Master Mondays, on the other hand, will take place according to plan.
- According to current knowledge, events held after 3 April remain unaffected – subject to the further developments.
Sports Classes Cancelled
Sports courses (Campus Sport) have been cancelled until the regular on-site teaching operations are resumed.
Further Information on Dealing with the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
The health of all staff members and students is our top priority. The St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences is preparing for different scenarios and has already adopted the following measures:
- As an extended hygiene measure, mobile disinfection dispenders have been made available in the lavatories in addition to the already existing fixed ones.
- Our company physician has issued an information sheet containing tips on how to avoid an infection.
- Experts from the Department of Health Sciences at the St. Pölten UAS held an event to inform staff and students on the topic.
Due to the infections with the SARS-CoV-2 virus that can currently be observed worldwide, also in Austria, we request you to observe the following measures:
- Avoid your workplace if you suffer from symptoms such as fever or coughing, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties – especially if you have returned from a risk area and display these symptoms.
- If you notice the above-mentioned symptoms, stay at home and contact the health service hotline under the number 1450.
- Please pay attention to the current travel warnings of the Foreign Ministry: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/reise-aufenthalt/reisewarnungen/
Detailed information on the disease COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is available on the website of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety (AGES): https://www.ages.at/themen/krankheitserreger/coronavirus/