In the current academic year 2017/18, St. Pölten UAS has for the first time exceeded the 3,000 mark in the number of students. Approximately 2,500 are enrolled as full-time students in study programmes, and close to 600 are completing further-education courses as part-time students at St. Pölten UAS. Continuing growth is also ensured in the future. In addition to the current 17 study programmes and numerous further-education courses, another five study programmes will be added as of the coming academic year, subject to approval by the accreditation agency AQ Austria. In addition, there are plans for a Bachelor programme and four Master programmes in cutting-edge specialist areas:
- The Bachelor programme Data Science and Business Analytics responds to the formidable cross-industry need for professionals in data analysis, information visualization, and knowledge management and provides students with the necessary data-analysis skills combined with industry knowledge.
- The Master programme Economic and Financial Communications trains experts in areas such as Investor Relations, Financial Reporting & Controlling as well as Data and Financial Journalism. The programme distinguishes itself with strong practical relevance, intensive cooperation with companies, a high proportion of English-language courses and the teaching of high-level research expertise.
- The current Master programme Digital Media Technologies will be converted into three independent Master programmes as of fall 2018. The Master programme Digital Design teaches creative precepts in conjunction with an understanding or current media technology. The Master programme Digital Media Production covers the entire digital production chain for audiovisual media from idea to implementation to digital distribution. The Master programme Interactive Technologies enables students to implement creative, sustainable, user-oriented and technically flawless solutions at the interface between humans and machines.
"Digitalization not only presents new challenges for education and the professional world, it also offers opportunities. In our study programmes, we place strong emphasis on necessary skills and in the coming year, with the new programmes, we will place even more emphasis on the area of digitalization. The successful development of St. Pölten UAS and the increasing number of students shows that we are focusing on the right topics", said UAS Executive Director Gernot Kohl.
Information events for prospective students
For those interested, information on the education offered at St. Pölten UAS is available in numerous formats:
- At the info.terminen (info.events), study programmes are presented in detail and there is room for individual discussions with the Academic Team. Further information: www.fhstp.ac.at/infotermine.
- On chat.days from the 23rd to the 25th of January 2018, you can inform yourself via Livechat about the current Master and Further-Education programmes and directly question Course Leaders and Academic Directors.
- St. Pölten UAS also offers Chat-Beratung (Chat-Advice) on Thursdays between 09:00 and 15:00 (9:00 am and 3:00 pm) on the UAS website www.fhstp.ac.at. With Livechat in the comfort of your own home, you can contact and chat with St. Pölten UAS student advisors.
- On open.day, March 9th 2018, St. Pölten UAS will hold its largest information event. This event will provide you with an insight into the entire range of studies, invite you to an exchange with the Academic Team and give you a chance to get to know St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences.