The St. Pölten UAS supports the Sustainable Development Goals, which were adopted by the United Nations in September 2015.
We Take Concrete Measures for Sustainability
We have already achieved this at our University of Applied Sciences:
- The building of the St. Pölten campus has been awarded for sustainability.
- We are planning a photovoltaic system on the roof of St. Pölten UAS.
- We have been able to increase our energy efficiency through concrete energy-saving measures.
- We are a member of the "Bündnis Nachhaltige Hochschulen" (Alliance of Sustainable Universities).
Long-Term Sustainability Strategy
As a university, we are aware of our role model function. We see sustainability as a mandate for change for all of us. All employees can participate in our working groups on sustainability, focusing on:
- Research - Head and contact person: Pamela Nolz
- Teaching - leadership and contact person: Lisa David
- Organisation/location - leader and contact person: Claudia Dirlinger
We are working in a collaborative process in parallel on a long-term strategy and further concrete measures. Sustainability consultant Vera Pichler accompanies us in this process.
Contents on sustainable development are marked by this sign on our website.