The Interface between Industry and Research
Become Our Partner
Research and development play a central role when it comes to being internationally successful in the long run. Hand in hand with this development, the demand for highly specialised experts in the broad field of computer science has grown.
The dual study system makes it possible to train staff members for your business requirements in the best possible way. Companies can participate directly in the practice-oriented training, thus increasing their attractiveness in the job market.
The internationally established dual system combines theory and practice within the framework of an academic education.
Content from the areas of computer science, research and innovation is taught on only two attendance days per week at the St. Pölten UAS. Focused and individual mentoring in very small groups allows us to support our students in a targeted manner and adjust the studies to a selected key topic. The acquired consequences are applied directly in the company during practice phases (at least 1.5 days/week).
The Benefits for Your Company
- Efficient personnel recruiting: the students are integrated into your company early on which has the advantage that they are highly qualified staff members directly after graduation.
- We offer your staff members an educational programme with an academic degree which is compatible with their professional activity in your company in terms of time and content.
- Experts from the worlds of business and research inform the students about the latest scientific findings which they can apply directly in your companies.
- Individual requirements from the practical field are integrated into the curriculum. It is possible to work on company-specific matters within the framework of projects.
- The cooperation in the study programme Applied Research and Innovation in Computer Science offers the involved companies and institutions a platform for interdisciplinary networking.
- In leading positions of SMEs, our graduates are able to detect research and innovation possibilities in the company and establish suitable cooperation projects with research institutions.
- Companies which have their own research departments rely on by the expertise of our graduates when it comes to the conception, implementation and execution of research projects.
- As researchers at universities (of applied sciences) or research centres, graduates of this study programme prepare research projects and establish contacts with the industry, thus creating product, process and service innovations.