Career ProspectsBachelor programme Data Science and Business Analytics
As a graduate you have a wide range of career opportunities in a variety of specialist areas. In addition to employment as a data scientist, you work as:
- Data analysts: analyse data sources and interpret as well as visualise the results in a business context, depending on the chosen focus, e.g. as a financial analyst, security analyst, marketing strategist, health-data analyst etc.
- Data engineers: develop data-driven applications to support entrepreneurial processes.
- Business-intelligence specialists: have the task of generating new insights from company data to support decision-making processes.
- Chief data officers: have the company-wide responsibility for collecting and processing data and are increasingly important for organisations.
- Big-data consultant
- Business analyst
- Business-intelligence specialist
- Customer-data analyst
- Data engineer
- Data-mining manager
- Data-quality manager
- Data scientist/data specialist
- Finance analyst/financial-data analyst
- Health-AI specialist
- Innovation manager
- Marketing strategist
- Machine-learning engineer
- Security specialist
- Web analyst
- Marketing and sales analyst