Course ContentsBachelor programme Media Management
Basic Studies (1st & 2nd Semester)
- In the first year, you will learn a wide range of media-related basics from the areas of business, politics, technology, marketing, content, science and research.
- In the first four semesters, the how-to project weeks support you in reflecting on what you have learned and applying it in projects with a focus on entertainment, news, interactive media and education using case studies from well-known media companies.
Advanced Studies (3rd & 4th Semester)
- Acquire in-depth knowledge in the areas of media management & strategy and innovation & leadership.
- Produce and publish hands on in four media genres (online, print, audio, moving image and cross-media).
- In the third and fourth semesters, choose one elective module each that best suits your interests.
Elective modules in the 3rd and 4th semester
Set a focus - choose one of the following elective modules in the 3rd semester:
- Process Management & Organizational Design
- Key Account Management, Sales & Distribution
- Business Development, Games & Music
In the 4th semester you have the following modules to choose from:
- Editorial Management & Content
- Media Sociology, Gender and Diversity
- European Media Policy & Policy Building
Alternatively, you can attend the elective module Ad Creation & Design for 2 semesters, which focuses on social media.
Ad Creation & Design: Produce and Publish Hands On in Four Practical Labs
- Online is arguably the most diverse medium - learn from practitioners what counts today and what matters.
- In print, learn all the steps that are important for magazine productions, from finding interview partners for articles to sales, printing and distribution.
- Go into the studio in the radio practice lab and learn how to inspire audiences with audio productions.
- Shoulder a camera in the Moving Image Practice Lab or pick up your smartphone and learn video skills.
- In addition, there are courses in investigative research and cross-media work.
Professional internship and mediaLab (5th & 6th semester).
- In the third year, apply your knowledge in a large media project, gladly interdisciplinary networked.
- The program concludes in the 6th semester with the mandatory professional internship, which can be completed in Germany or abroad, and a bachelor's thesis.
In semester 3, students have the opportunity to spend a semester abroad at one of our numerous partner universities.
Please also read the report: "25 Years of Media at the St. Pölten UAS"