Graduates have all of the requisite skills to assume roles at agencies and companies departments (e.g. in PR, advertising and events departments). They can work in marketing positions focusing on corporate communications or the design and planning of online and mobile marketing activities.
Prospective career options
- Public relations with a focus on strategy
- Advertising: strategic responsibilities (e.g. client service and strategic planning)
- Direct marketing: analytical and strategic responsibilities in a range of marketing fields, such as e-commerce and mobile commerce
- Event management: event organisation including strategic planning and integration into the overall communications concept
- Media and communication planning with a focus on digital applications
Are you destined for one of these jobs?
PR consultants provide companies and organisations with support on all aspects of public relations work. They establish and maintain positive communications between companies, the media and the public, as well as between companies’ senior managers and employees.
Their responsibilities also include drafting press releases, organising information events and managing in-house media such as company magazines. They also regularly evaluate the success of their PR activities.
Online marketing manager
Online marketing managers focus on areas such as online advertising, search engine marketing, e-mail marketing and social media marketing. In addition to conventional marketing activities, they also manage digital communities on social media channels. Online marketing managers work at agencies or as in-house experts in companies’ marketing and advertising departments.