Forum Innovation/Creativity/Business Creation at the St. Pölten UAS
Organised by UAS staff member and business creation expert Peiman Zamani, the forum, held by the St. Pölten UAS, has been supporting students in starting their own firm for many years. The forum took place online last week and was open not only to students but to all with an interest in the topic. Around 175 people joined the event.
Representatives of various business start-up institutions and experts from the business world held lectures on legal requirements, credits, financing and funding opportunities, choice of business location, search for investors, networking, and tax-related issues.
Experiences by Start-ups
In addition, start-ups shared their personal experiences on their way to success, speaking of their time prior to, during and after setting up their own company.
“Through this business creation forum, we seek to provide a decisive impulse to support both our students and other creative minds outside the UAS on their way to establishing a start-up”, explains Zamani.
Participating Companies and Start-ups
- APlusB – the Austrian incubator network
- Entrepreneurship Center Network (ECN) & Entrepreneurship Avenue (EA)
- Epiclay – Urban Climate Technologies
- Games studio Microbird
- i2B – ideas to business – concepts for business creation
- Loibl Reichart Steuerberatungs-GmbH
- MINTED – StartUp Agency Vienna
- Mostly AI
- Original Creative Gorillas Immersive
- Regionalis Onlinemarktplatz
- Revo Foods – Seafood with Attitude
- [sic!] – students‘ innovation centre
- Sign D – Onboarding with a smile
- taxtastic – We love tax automation
- Vienna Business Agency
Promoting Start-ups at the St. Pölten UAS
In 2014, in partnership with accent Gründerservice GmbH, the St. Pölten UAS started the Creative Pre-Incubator®, a support programme for students and alumni with start-up spirit. Within the framework of the programme, experts advise the teams on the further development of their business idea and on business creation and help initiate contact to the start-up scene.
Moreover, in partnership with the city of St. Pölten, the St. Pölten UAS creates framework conditions for innovation in the St. Pölten region and supports start-ups in successfully setting up their company.
Partners and Sponsors