Railways – transport for tomorrow’s world
The climate change and the necessary mobility change have increased the demand for environmentally friendly and efficient rail transport for persons and goods. This degree programme trains the urgently needed specialists and managers for the railway industry, railway companies, transport services and authorities. Our motivation is the creation of networked knowledge and the promotion of real talent.
In semesters five and six, students attend courses in one of three specialisations:
- Railway Operation and Systems Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Management of Railway Systems
Regular excursions, professional practical training, and exercises at the ÖBB's Wörth training centre play an essential role in the practical part of the programme. Students utilise their know-how in projects, working in interdisciplinary teams and applying various project management methods.
raiLAB simulation laboratory
The raiLAB realistically simulates the latest railway operations software:
- Applications for planning and simulating operational processes and schedules
- Electronic signal box simulation
- Driver’s cabin simulation
- Applications for railway infrastructure planning and operation
- Applications for simulating reinforced concrete structures