Immerse yourself in German language and Austrian culture – language and cultural programme for international students
German Language Classes
German 1, 3 ECTS credits
The course content is designed to support students in their everyday life in a German speaking environment.
- introducing oneself
- using numbers (time, age, price)
- ordering food and shopping
- making appointments
- naming everyday things
- countries of origin
- family and work
- leisure activities
- university of applied sciences and campus
German 2, 3 ECTS credits
The course content is designed to support students in their everyday life in a German-speaking environment.
- ordering in a restaurant, eating habits, leisure activities, childhood
- holiday plans, cultural life in Austria
- expressing surprise and interest
Placement tests and consultation for learners of all levels at the beginning of the semester. Information on the date will follow.
Scouting Austrian Culture, 3 ECTS credits
Language of instruction: English
Workshop sessions on Austrian culture: collecting and contributing facts and experiences on Austrian geography, history, arts, music and further topics of interest, including participation in excursions.
Lecturers: Andrea Richter / Helma Spannagl-Schmoll