Institute of Health Sciences & Centre for Digital Health Innovation with 4 ground-breaking contributions to Europe’s largest gait analysis conference
This year, the conference of the European Society for Movement Analysis in Adults and Children (ESMAC) was held as a virtual meeting on 17 September. Members of the Institute for Health Sciences and the Centre for Digital Health Innovation at the St. Pölten UAS participated with a record number of four contributions – including one best poster candidate – which they presented to other gait analysis experts from the whole of Europe online.
Topic areas covering 4 projects
- Durstberger, S., Schwab, C., Simonlehner, M., Kainz, H., Kranzl, A., & Horsak, B. (2020, September 11). Evaluating 3D free-hand ultrasound as an alternative approach to register anatomical landmarks: A test-retest study in lean and overweight participants. Gait & Posture. ESMAC 29th Annual Meeting, Virtual Meeting.
- Horsak, B., Simonlehner, M., Schöffer, L., Maureder, J., Schwab, C., Raberger, A. M., Zeller, M., & Husinsky, M. (2020, September 11). Applicability and usability of an immersive virtual reality-based balance control exergame for prosthetic users: A pilot study with healthy individuals. Gait & Posture. ESMAC 29th Annual Meeting, Virtual Meeting.
- Horst, F., Slijepcevic, D., Zeppelzauer, M., Raberger, A. M., Lapuschkin, S., Samek, W., Schöllhorn, W. I., Breiteneder, C., & Horsak, B. (2020, September 11). Explaining automated gender classification of human gait. Gait & Posture. ESMAC 29th Annual Meeting, Virtual Meeting.
- Schwab, C., Durstberger, S., Kranzl, A., Simonlehner, M., Kainz, H., & Horsak, B. (2020, September 11). Evaluating the accuracy of a 3D free-hand ultrasound technique for bone segmentation in clinical gait analysis. Gait & Posture. ESMAC 29th Annual Meeting, Virtual Meeting.
Videos of conference contributions
Watch the videos of the conference contributions to learn more:
- Watch the video on the project IntelliGAIT3D
- Watch the video on the project HIPstar
- Watch the video on the projectHIPstar
- Watch the video on the projectReMoCapLab
Interdisciplinary plays a central role at the St. Pölten UAS
The presented topics clearly demonstrated the UAS‘ commitment to interdisciplinary research combining the topics of gait and movement analysis, and rehabilitation with the fields of machine learning and virtual reality across disciplinary boundaries.