Application with International Documents
Applicants with international documents seeking to pursue an international degree may find the following information on this website:
- Admission procedure: You learn how the application procedure works and which documents are required.
- Educational contract: After successful admission, the educational contract can be drawn up.
- Admission to a study programme: Once the contract has been concluded and your original documents have been processed, you may enrol in your study programme.
- Tuition fee
- General information on studying in Austria
A complete upload of the documents (certificates) listed below is absolutely necessary to enable the processing of your online application to the admission procedure. After positive completion of the admission procedure and conclusion of the educational contract, the original documents have to be submitted personally. Further explanations regarding the documents can be found in this checklist.
1. Passport (proof of identity)
2. General Admission Requirements
3. Proof of Required Language Skills
4. Study Programme-Specific Documents
Copyright: Foto Kraus
After the applicants have been notified that they have passed the admission procedure, they receive the educational contract which they have to sign and upload in the online application.
The contract is deemed to be concluded on the date of receipt of the signed contract at the St. Pölten UAS. At this point of time, the obligation to pay the tuition fee and the Students‘ Union fee (ÖH-Beitrag) arises.
After the contract has been concluded, you will be sent a date via email for the review of the complete general admission requirements on the basis of the original documents (invitation to enrolment).
The students have to bring originals or certified copies of the following documents to the assigned enrolment date:
- Passport for identification
- Proof of general admission requirements
- Evidence of the necessary language skills (knowledge of German and/or other language skills required)
- Evidence of any positively completed additional examinations prescribed pursuant to Section 4 (6) Universities of Applied Sciences Studies Act
The applicant has to present authorised translations of foreign-language certificates. Foreign certificates have to feature the necessary diplomatic authentication.
The tuition fee for bachelor and master degree programmes currently amounts to EUR 363.36 per semester (Section 2 (2) Universities of Applied Sciences Studies Act) + Students’ Union fee (see below). The obligation to pay the tuition fee arises with the signing of the educational contract.
In addition, a student contribution (“ÖH-Beitrag”: currently EUR 20.20) is collected by the St. Pölten UAS on behalf of the Austrian Students’ Union (see Section 38 Students’ Union Act 2014).
For students from third countries with a residence permit for students pursuant to Section 64 Settlement and Residence Act (NAG), Federal Law Gazette no. 100/2005 (who are not citizens of the EEA countries Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland or members of a group of persons according to Section 1 Regulation on Eligible Group of Persons 2014 – PersGV 2014, Federal Law Gazette no. 340/2013), the tuition fee amounts to EUR 1,500 per semester plus the Students’ Union fee.
Upon payment of the students' union fee, you become a member of the Austrian Students’ Union ÖH (with active and passive voting rights) and automatically take out accident and liability insurance.
Entry, Residence and Employment
- before entering Austria – the relevant regulations for foreign nationals regarding visa and residence permit
- upon arrival in Austria – the regulations on registering at the place of residence, and as a Swiss or EEA national – the certificate of registration or the permanent residence certificate and the provisions of the Act Governing the Employment of Foreign Nationals.
Austrian Exchange Service
- Austrian Exchange Service (OeAD) – entry, residence and employment
- OeAD – EU/ EEA, Switzerland
- OeAD – third-country nationals