Application with International Documents
Information for applicants with international documents:
- The admission procedure is the first step. Please find out which documents you need.
- Educational contract: After successful admission, the educational contract can be drawn up.
- Once the contract has been concluded, you can enrol in the study programme. By signing the educational contract, payment of the tuition fee becomes mandatory. In addition, you need to pay a student union fee (ÖH).
A complete upload of the documents (certificates) listed below is absolutely necessary to enable the processing of your online application to the admission procedure. After positive completion of the admission procedure and conclusion of the educational contract, the original documents have to be submitted personally. Further explanations regarding the documents can be found here.
Passport (proof of identity)
Applicants must prove their identity by uploading the copy of a valid passport. If the applicant makes credible that a passport cannot be uploaded within a
reasonable time period or only with great difficulties, the St. Pölten UAS accepts other proofs of identity:
- a passport expired no more than five years ago
- proof of citizenship
- a driver’s licence
- an identity card
- a residence permit in accordance with the Austrian Asylum Act (AsylG) or the Austrian Settlement and Residence Act (SRA)
Proof of language proficience (German, other languages if required)
In particular, the following documents are accepted as proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language:
- German as subject in the school leaving examination process
- completion of a German-speaking secondary school
- completion of compulsory schooling up to 9th grade at a German-speaking school
- completion of a German study programme of at least 3 years at a recognised domestic or international post-secondary educational institution (university, private university, university of applied sciences, university of education)
- Austrian language certificate – certificate B2
- Goethe Institute: Goethe certificate B2
- pre-studies programme (e.g. at the universities of Vienna, the universities and higher educational institutes of Graz, Montanuniversität Leoben) supplementary German examination
- certificate of German language examination from a university (according to Section 28 General University Study Law – AHStG, Federal Law Gazette (BGBI.) no. 177/1966, as amended)
- German as a foreign language examination with completion of level 4 or higher in all parts
- German language certificate of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education from the federal states of Germany (BRD)
- German language examination for University Entrance of Foreign Applicants (DSH)
- Language Centre of an Austrian university, private university, university of education – B2.
Proof of technical admission requirements
- General university entrance qualification
- Austrian school leaving certificate (including Secondary School Vocational Certificate = Berufsreifeprüfungszeugnis) or
- Austrian Qualification to Study Certificate (Studienberechtigungsprüfungszeugnis) or
- Foreign certificate which is equivalent to an Austrian school leaving certificate, secondary school vocational certificate or
- qualification to study certificate due to:
- International agreement or
- Nostrification or
- Decision of the head of the study programme of the domestic study programme (in individual cases) or
- certificate of completion of at least 3 years of study at a recognised domestic or international post-secondary educational institution (including diploma supplement)
- Relevant professional qualification
- Apprenticeship diploma or
- VET school certificate (Berufsbildende Mittlere Schule, BMS) or
- Other training/educational certificate (e.g. health profession except medical studies, German qualification to enrol in a university of applied sciences)
- Completion of a relevant UAS bachelor degree programme
- Completion of a bachelor programme equivalent to a relevant UAS bachelor degree programme (including diploma supplement)
- Regarding certificates drawn up by non-Austrian authorities: exemption, apostille or full diplomatic certification including
Study programme-specific documents
(e.g. letter of motivation, project work, etc.)
Tuition Fee and Students‘ Union Fee
The tuition fee for bachelor and master degree programmes currently amounts to EUR 363.36 per semester (Article 2 (2) Universities of Applied Sciences Law) + Students’ Union fee (see below). The obligation to pay the tuition fee arises with the signing of the educational contract.
Students from third countries
For students from third countries with a residence permit for students pursuant to Section 64 Settlement and Residence Act (NAG), BGBI. (Federal Law Gazette) I no. 100/2005 (who are not citizens of the EEA countries Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland or members of a group of persons according to Section 1 Regulation on Eligible Group of Persons 2014 – PersGV 2014, BGBI. II no. 340/2013), the tuition fee amounts to EUR 1,500 per semester plus the student union fee.
Students’ Union fee: "ÖH-Beitrag"
In addition, a student contribution (“ÖH-Beitrag”: currently EUR 20.20) is to be paid to the Austrian Students’ Union which is collected by the St. Pölten UAS (see Article 38 Students’ Union Act 2014).
Upon payment of the fee, you become a member of the Austrian Students’ Union ÖH (with active and passive voting right) and automatically take out accident and liability insurance.
- ÖH-Beitrag (Students‘ Union fee; download application for reimbursement of fee – in German)
- ÖH accident and liability insurance (in German)