Level: Beginners | Material fee: 90 Euros
The workshop will show you a new field to work with your digital camera. It will give you different possibilities to interfere with your camera and add different sensors to it. It can be used for animations, stop motions and also for experimental photography and much more.
The remote we build can be used with your own camera to create your own pictures and animations.
Your camera has to fit to the remote, so read the following description carefully!
The functions that you add to your camera with the remote we create:
- Control the camera for your own stop motion animations with different self programmedalgorythms
Example: Every second a picture, every 10 seconds 5 pictures
- High speed pictures: You can connect different sensors to your remote to trigger your camera
- Foto trap: you always wanted to take pictures from animals – in the fototrap mode it's no problem
Add different kind of sensors to interact with your camera
- 1000 other things you can do with it – if you can imagine, you can add them to thesystem – you just have to imagine
The kit will include
- 1 Arduino Board
- 1 Arduino Shield (you solder by yourself)
- Different sensors: Light sensor, Piezo Element,....and some more
- 1 case
The Kit will cost about 90€
Of course you can keep the kit after the Workshop.
The workshop will give you a big basis to do new stuff with your digital cameras, we will add some main programming features and functions, but it depends on you what you make out of it!
Your digital camera with an external trigger plug for a remote - Any brand and kind of – so check your camera for the remote plug NOW!
- Basic programming skills: What is a loop? What is a variable? What is an „if instruction“?
- Basic electronic skills: What is a circuit? What is a resistor? What does 9V power supply mean?
- What is the difference between an analog and a digital pin?
- You can answer the questions? – You are In!
Good to have, but not required
- Your own Arduino board
- Soldering skills
- Your own laptop with Lightroom (Fotosoftware for the pictures from your camera), After effets (for the animation)
- There are a lot of free and open source alternatives on the internet – use your personal search machine
Projects of fhSPACEtv find here.