Here you can find information on:
Free for all members of the St. Pölten UAS’ teaching staff: We offer a multitude of workshops in different formats (online, on site) and with different durations.
- Useful theories for practice
- Reflection and exchange on good teaching
- Digital teaching and learning resources for teaching
- Presentation technique and vocal training
- Methodological design of teaching
All presentations held in German unless otherwise stated
- MS Teams as a Tool in Online Teaching | Raphael Prettner
🗓️ 28 February 2023, 12:30–15:30 💻 Online
- Basic Didactics for New Lecturers | Josef Weißenböck
🗓️ 10 March 2023, 14:00–18:00📍Seminar Room B.1.16, Campus St. Pölten
- Using the eCampus in a Didactically Meaningful Manner | Lisa David and Raphael Prettner
🗓️ 13 March 2023, 15:30–17:00 💻 Online
📝 Asynchronous task with feedback on 27 March 2023, 16:00–17:00
- Visualisation Made Easy: Flipcharts & Co. with “Wow” Effect| Frances Blüml
🗓️ 16. März 2023, 09:00–13:00 Uhr 📍 Seminar Room B.1.16, Campus St. Pölten
- Sustainability in Teaching as a Topic and a Mindset | Christian Freisleben-Teutscher et al.
🗓️ 16 March 2023, 09:00–13:00 💻 Online Workshop by the Bündnis Nachhaltige Hochschulen
- Basics of Teaching and Learning (in English) 🇬🇧 | Lisa David
🗓️ 13 April 2023, 09:00–12:30, Online via MS Teams
📝 Asynchronous task in eCampus with individual feedback
- Developing Your Own Teaching Style | Lisa David
🗓️ 21 April 2023, 09:00–00–12:30 💻 Online
📝 Asynchronous task with individual feedback
🗓️ Synchronous follow-up, online on 28 April 2023, 08:30–10:00
- Teaching with Confidence! A Rhetoric and Presentation Workshop for Teachers | Lothar Tschapka
🗓️ 4 May 2023, 9:30–17:00 📍 Seminar Room B.1.14, Campus St. Pölten
- Learning Portfolio and Learning Logbook | Christian Freisleben-Teutscher
🗓️ 22 May 2023, 13:00–17:00 📍 Seminar Room B.1.15, Campus St. Pölten
- Useful Theories for Practice | Lisa David
🗓️ 14 June 2023, 09:00–12:30 📍 Seminar Room B.1.16, Campus St. Pölten
📝 Asynchronous task with individual feedback
You can find an overview and detailed descriptions of the workshops in the further training programme of higher education didactics – summer semester 2023 (download PDF)
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02742 313 228-280
You have ideas concerning topic for further training?
Please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.
We also organise specific further trainings upon request, e.g., for departments, study programmes, or larger teams of lecturers (at least 6 persons).
An Offer for (New) Lecturers at the St. Pölten UAS
- Short course of 7 ECTS credits
- • For part-time lecturers, we offer a fast-track version of 3 ECTS credits.
Objective: The lecturers acquire the didactic and methodological tools required to design learner-oriented courses.
- Didactic planning
- Examination models
- Expansion of the (digital) repertoire of methods
- Diversity management
- Evaluation/feedback in teaching
- Peer learning
Moreover, the participants reflect on their teaching in their own subject-specific contexts.
Please note: The certificate is currently being redesigned. Information will be available here soon (probably in May 2023).
The Inter-Departmental Exchange and Networking Format for Teaching Staff of the St. Pölten UAS
At least once per semester, interested lecturers from all disciplines meet in a relaxed setting.
Short impulses on particularly successful course concepts enable an intensive exchange of experiences. The objective is for lecturers to leave the Café with new ideas and inspiration for their own teaching.
The next edition of the Didactics Café is dedicated to the topic of ChatGPT and takes place in a slightly different format for once:
How to Deal with ChatGPT in Teaching and Research
Generative AI language models such as ChatGPT are currently challenging teaching and research practice in higher education. Therefore, the next edition of the Didactics Café aims at using in-house expert knowledge to gain clarity concerning the challenges and changes of this rapidly developing technology.
The participants are introduced to the topic through a short presentation of the functions and characteristics of ChatGPT. After that, experts from the areas of AI and didactics as well as users from the study programmes and students discuss the challenges and chances of this technological development. Finally, reactions and possible actions for teaching and research practice and for further strategic steps at the St. Pölten UAS are derived.
Objectives of this edition of the Didactics Café:
- Understanding what ChatGPT is and does
- Recognising challenges and opportunities
- Identifying potential reactions for teaching
- Date: 12/04/2023, 13:00–14:30
- Place: Small Assembly Hall, Campus St. Pölten
- Registration via CIS