The European Project Semester (EPS) is a programme offered by several European universities to students who have completed at least two years of study.
EPS at the St. Pölten UAS
Students who are interested in participating in the EPS do not apply for a specific pre-defined project. We rather prefer to tailor tasks to the individual profiles of accepted students. Projects are carried out in cooperation with the technology sector and the creative industries who define the requirements for the products to be developed.
Edutainment, Data, Engineering, Journalism
At the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, the EPS is open to students with a background that allows them to focus on the following topics:
- Focus Edutainment: requires competences in one or more of these fields: audio, video & film production, animation, graphic design, games, gamification, serious games, exergames, storytelling
- Focus Data: requires competences in one or more of these fields: artificial intelligence, machine learning, simulation data analysis, data visualisation
- Focus Engineering: requires competences in one or more of these fields:
3D modelling & printing, mobile development, web development, game development, augmented & virtual reality development, manufacturing, physical computing, microprocessors, sensors, sonic interaction
- Focus Journalism: requires competences in one or more of these fields: journalism, storytelling, project management, media economics, and business
Applicants are asked to select one of the focus areas and outline their qualifications in their letter of motivation and their CV.
Each project combines two or three of these topics. Students form interdisciplinary teams with each member contributing skills in their selected competence field.
The St. Pölten UAS has a maximum of 2–3 EPS places per semester for each partner university’s nominated students.
Involved Study Programmes
The EPS at the St. Pölten UAS is hosted by the following bachelor degree programmes:
- Media Technology
- Smart Engineering of Production Technologies and Processes
- Data Science and Business Analytics
- Media Management
- Creative Computing
24/7 Access to Infrastructure
To fulfill this challenge, students have 24/7 access to our vast infrastructure including cutting-edge labs for
- interactive media,
- photography and audio production
- as well as our brand-new state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 lab.
Our Media Technology Service Centre allows students to reserve equipment for their projects around the clock.
Intercultural, Interdisciplinary, International
EPS projects seek to promote collaborative project-based learning and strengthen intercultural and interdisciplinary competences.
EPS students work in international project teams, and alongside they attend courses relevant to the successful completion of the projects. They acquire skills which help them prepare the perfect project presentation. Teambuilding events and organised social activities also form an essential part of the project semester.
The European Project Semester is designed for students from all over the world.
All classes are taught in English, which is also the language of communication.
Students receive 30 ECTS credits for successfully participating in the EPS. International students whose home universities do not use the ECTS credits system, are advised to consult with their international office about recognition. US students may transfer up to 12 course credits with the approval of their home university.
Passports and Visa
We advise you to make sure you meet all passport and visa requirements well in advance. Please consult our Incoming Student Guide for more information.
Country Information, Entry Regulations and Accommodation
EPS Application Process
If you are interested in participating in the EPS at the St. Pölten UAS, please contact our Office for International Relations. Upon successful submission of your documents, you will receive an invitation for an online interview.
The following labs are open to students enrolled in EPS:
- Electronics Lab
- Interactive Media Lab
- TV Studio
- Audio studios & Audio Lab
- Post-Production Studios
- Photo Studio
- Industry 4.0 Lab
- XR Lab
- Maker’s Lab
The EPS is offered in both semesters:
- Winter semester, mid-Sept. to end of Jan.
(application deadline: 15 May)
- Summer semester, mid-Feb. to end of June
(application deadline: 15 November)
|Programme of courses*/Title||ECTS|
(including English, teambuilding, project management, etc.)
|German Language OR
Language of tuition: English
* for German native speakers - such as students from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, etc.
Former EPS Projects
- PopUpDorms film documentary
- Turning Points
- Experimental Orchestra Lab
- Multidisciplinary Project – “Der Kleine Tag“
- Experiencia de Univerzita Sankt Pölten
- The digital Babenberger Family Tree
- Augmentext: A Text Augmentation Library
- Automated Web Scraper for Deep Fake Videos
- Proof of Concept for Real-Time Monitoring & Predictive MaintenanceSmart E’s Production Line
- Alive Maps
- 3D Printer Remote Control
- Smart Storage Box
- Production Planning Game – Relaunch
- Smart Factory Showcase